interesting, b/c i would have never thought someone would think i was trying to save money to make my own granola bar. i make it myself, b/c i like to know what goes into it.
i'm not sure why i call it "granola", it's more like flaxseed & nut thing..
1 cup of flaxseed
1/2 cup mixed nuts/dried cranberries
1/4 cup yacon syrup &/or agave
1 mashed banana
then dehydrate @ 115degrees overnight-- or put into the oven at the lowest possible temp for an hour or so, i imagine it would taste toastier like that anyway!
i noticed, eating healthy (using this term loosely- since everyone's idea of "healthy" varies) you acquire certain items for your pantry which repeat in many healthy recipes. for example, i went to make this recipe from sassy kitchen's recipe for kale & roasted chickpea - and found i had almost all of the ingredients, but when i showed this recipe to a friend, he said he'd have to go buy practically every ingredient. ...so, that was interesting...
but check this recipe out, it's DELICIOUS. i was going to make it last night, again for guests, but the night didn't quite pan out as planned.
(stole this pic from sassy kitchen)
today is a lazy saturday for us. lots of napping and snacking is going around here.
i have been 'going easy' on coffee lately, replacing it with green juice -- but today, i decided to have some. my head was flooded with ideas and inspiration instantly, and i remembered why i love coffee so much. just the scent itself is so good.
here are a few things i've been loving recently :
(so random!- ja'mie)
1. Deyrole via Opening Ceremony
2. Opening Ceremony
5. Rachel Comey "Hitch" via TENOVERSIX
6. Robert Clergerie via Creatures of Comfort
7. Hansel from Basel ZigZag Bag via Creatures of Comfort
8. Striped Leggings by Margiela via Creatures of Comfort
10. Wooden Piggy A&G Merch
11. Fox Pillow by Donna Wilson via The Future Perfect
12. Wood Lamp by TAF Architects via The Future Perfect
13. Pack Rackk by Steph Mantis via The Future Perfect (was thinking of using this for my necklaces)
14. Russian Tiara Braid by Yelena Zhelezov
15. Fox boy has Girlfriend by Gretel Girl Draws
this took kind of a long time to do...and then i realized i made a mistake in my numbering..FAIL
my boys are as sweet and funny as always.
time to make some food... i'll be using this as inspiration for lunch via green kitchen stories :